So I'm absolutely TERRIBLE at organizing my life. I don't know why. I have two planners, I write things down, I'm a part of three extra-curricular activities. Four, if we have a Winter Guard this year ...
But then all the due dates and upcoming events come flying at me like a fucking wave or some shit.
If anyone has any tips on becoming a more organized person, PLEASE comment down below because if any of you have already been through 11th grade, or are in 11th grade currently, YOU KNOW HOW DIFFICULT IT IS, (I mean, from a high school student stand-point). That would be greatly appreciated.
So the extra-curricular activities that I'm a part of are:
1. Musical Theater (which is also my 1st-period class. Apparently some schools don't have that ...)
2. Creative Writing Club
3. Beta Club (any Beta members on the MCR website?)
4. Winter Guard (possibly)
*COMPLETELY OFF SUBJECT: We USED to have a definite Winter Guard, UNTIL 1. When we would practice in the cafeteria, we all would have to move the tables to the two ends of the wall and move them back after practice. That simple, right? Some idiot, (he just graduated) decided to RIDE one of the tables across the room. We're not supposed to do that. So one of the teachers saw him and yelled at him. He should've gotten a simple slap on the wrist but NO. We got kicked out of the cafeteria! All of us! So Mr. What's His Face (because I probably shouldn't say names on here) got it all worked out and we got to practice in the cafeteria again. 2. A FEW WEEKS LATER, I'm on my way to the band room to gather our flags when I see a group of members talking and looking really distraught so I began to worry ...
We had been kicked out of the cafeteria AGAIN, this time, FINAL because we "didn't put the tables back correctly."
*this is my face of literal humor/you've gotta be shitting me/this is what it's like to be at the bottom of the social pyramid!*
I'm pulling the bullshit card right about then because we all KNOW how to put the tables back. We've been moving those tables for years now! So we make a trip to the cafeteria to grab our tarp and extra flags. We stop in the doorway and we're surprised to see that an ENTIRE row of tables was going from the entrance door to the lunch tray door entrance, across the room. Someone to the left of me says:
"We didn't do that ..." but there wasn't anything we could do about it! So we gathered our shit and left. Ever since then, we had to practice in our school lobby, in front of the Milly Hansen Auditorium. The ceilings are like, *this high* and by *this high* I mean we can't even do a simple Money Hand toss without hitting the ceiling. One girl, who was a senior at the time, punched out one of the light tiles on the ceiling with her flag; we put it back and nothing happened. Anytime we had to do a major toss, we had to go over to the main gym and do it there, (for example, a Strip Toss Exchange, we had to practice that in the Main Gym, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOYS' BASKETBALL PRACTICE. You should've seen the glares they gave us when we would drop our flags! Uch.
And so ever since then, we don't have an official place to practice. I had to quit Winter Guard in the middle of the season last year, because - well ... that's a story for another time. (CLIIIIIFF HANGER, HANGING FROM A CLIIIIIIIIIIFFF. AND THAT'S WHY HE'S CALLED CLIFF HANGEEERRRR. *can't. hold. on. much. LONGEEEERRRR*)
END OF FLASHBACK*
Anyway, I've made the executive decision to go down to our NEW vice principal to talk to him about giving us the cafeteria back (in a nicer form of wording) since our OLD vice principal went on to burden another school, (he was a good guy but he was really uptight and too strict).
So that's another thing I have to add to the list of things I have to do before the thing on the thingy thing ... *sigh*
It's 12:30 A.M.
I don't know, I've been so busy, my room looks like shit, I have laundry scattered all over the floor, I can't see the surface of my desk, I haven't made my bed in weeks ... it's brutal. The next "break" we have is Fair Weekend.
EXPLANATION: I live in Auburn, IN. And every fall, the town of Auburn holds a fair. They drag in rides, a ferris wheel, food trucks, we have a stage somewhere in town, we just got another stage installed, it's really popular in the area, especially since Auburn is a VERY small town ... well, our entire school including DeKalb High School, probably some people from Garrett High School and basically from the entire area show up. There are A LOT of students who miss school because they're showing animals and I think we get either three days or a week off of school ...
Other than that, our fall break starts on October 5th and ends on October 15th, (officially on October 13th, but there's also Saturday and Sunday). I've been counting down to that day where I can focus on sweaters ... and coffee ... and chilly weather (hopefully. Come on, Indiana. Work with me here) ... autumn leaves ... sleep ... no anxiety/stress ... *this is me smiling a really goofy smile right about now*
Order of seasons I prefer best: *ehem*
1. Autumn. Duh.
2. Winter (Christmas AND my birthday five days after!)
3. Summer (vacation. Not the heat. Anything BUT the heat. I just like getting more than four hours of sleep)
4. Spring. (This actually goes from the month of January to April/May-ish because that's the worst/and most stressful time of the year for me. Tests, more tests, finals ... I might cry).
5. The second season of Riverdale and Stranger Things. That counts, right? October, baby!
I believe I'm getting off topic on the fact that I'm SO disorganized, I can't even organize my blog posts ... I'm going to TRY and wake up at 5:30 A.M. tomorr- four hours and forty-five minutes ... to straighten my hair ... do laundry really fast ... anything really.
I guess I'll talk about my weekend?
Saturday was our Homecoming Dance. It was pretty fun. There were pros and cons:
1. I danced my ass off. I can't dance but BOI. I'm sore. Like, the backs of my legs hurt and I can't move my head, my neck hurts so bad!
2. My dress was BEAUTIFUL! Aside from my shoes, I ditched them within ten minutes of being there.
3. They played A FEW good songs. By that, I mean "Don't Stop Believing," "The Cupid Shuffle" "Get Funky" or whatever that song is that gets white people turnt, and "Cotton-Eyed Joe"
4. They had a free photo booth/shoot thing and there were props and me and eight other friends took some cute pictures. We're still waiting for all the copies though.
1. There was a guy there, and not to discriminate, this doesn't matter, but he was in Special Ed, I believe because I haven't seen him in my life but he was at the dance and he had this shoe string/tie around his neck and stood a little too close to me. Well, anyways, during the dance, he goes up to me THE FIRST TIME (keep that in mind) and holds his hands out, like I'm supposed to do the fucking tango with him or whatever, but I'm a decent human being so I danced with him. This consisted of us swaying WAY too fast, and him grinding the fuck against me. This made me VERY uncomfortable so I stepped away, thanked him and found my friends. A few minutes later, he goes up to me AGAIN and holds his arms out the same way. I danced with him again because I didn't know what the FUCK this guy was doing, and he still grinded against me. A few moments later, he asks for my number. I told him the HONEST TRUTH and said that I didn't have a cell phone. After that, he starts going up to a few of my female friends and held his arms out to them. My new friend, Emma had to act like one of our guy friends was her boyfriend so this dude would leave her alone, he did the same thing to my best friend, and another one of my friends, then he does the same thing to me TWO MORE TIMES. AFTER I TOLD HIM "NO THANK YOU" TWICE. Like, no means no, buddy ol' pal! And while I'm dancing with my friends, I SWEAR. TO. GOD. He took his sweaty hand and dragged it across my back. And this kid's back is sweatier than my dad's bald head when he takes his hard-hat off after work! This dude is impossibly sweaty. So I take my Best Friend, Chloe and go tell one of the teacher chaperone's about it and she says, "if I see him, I'll talk to him" and I'm thinking, "NOOOO NO NO NO, you tell him to leave!" because she also says, "oh he does this at every dance!" BUT YOU YELL AT GIRLS WHO ARE TWERKING? AND YOU DON'T REPRIMAND BOYS FOR TOUCHING GIRLS WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT? Uch. But yeah, I didn't see him for the rest of the night but this dude ... woah. Made me so uncomfortable.
2. I was supposed to go to the dance with this guy I was dating but he broke up with me about two weeks before the dance so I didn't have anyone to go with and I guess I was still ... like, affected by it. So the DJ started playing this slow song, "A Thousand Years, Christina Perri" and I danced with this guy that I dated back in the 8th grade, who's still hung up on this girl who is one of my best friends, and is annoying as shit I'm telling you but he had just gotten done having a breakdown over her (an hour before? Two? So I slow danced with him, and we were getting pretty close and I mean ... I'm nice to him but that's because I'm nice to EVERYONE unless they give me an excuse to NOT BE, so I always talk to him while other people treat him like shit, so then we're like, dancing and hugging, (sort of. I don't know.) And then, okay ... this is what happened:
*I pull back*
"Oh, what the fuck."
*I fucking lean in and kiss him*
He pulls back and started stumbling over his words saying shit like, "I wasn't expecting that" "I hope I don't have lipstick on my face" *my lipstick had faded by then* "Well, son, this is how you were born." some shit like that and I'm practically chanting the words, "death, death, DEATH, DEATH" because that was a really big mistake, like, I just DID that. I don't know if I was lonely or what but I DON'T LIKE HIM AT ALL. He's very physically attactive and all, but if I spent the rest of my life with him, I'd end up killing him. He's THAT annoying.
But I still felt bad because I thought back to that dude who kept trying to dance with me and how uncomfortable I felt with him being that close and I just jumped and kissed some guy who still liked another girl and he never agreed to that. So I felt terrible. I started stuttering about how it was a mistake, and "I don't know why I did that" and before we left the dance at around 11 PM, he said he wanted to talk to me but he forgot what he was going to say and then we left.
I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS MISTAKE THE ENTIRE REST OF THE WEEKEND.
I'M NOT A WHORE, NOR DO I JUMP AND KISS WHOEVER THE FUCK I WANT TO SO WHEN I THINK BACK ON IT, IT'S LIKE IT WASN'T ME.
I was giddy, I was sweaty, I was sore from dancing, I was caffeinated ... I don't know ...
3. It was really hot in that gym. There was NO air circulation
4. They played TERRIBLE music. Jon and I wrote down "The Sound of Silence," by Disturbed on the song list and the DJ (who plays bass and actually listens to ... well I'm not sure but I think he listens to heavy metal) completely skips over it and plays "My Anaconda Don't" or whatever the hell it's called and I look at Jon like, "THIS over The Sound of Silence?" He played TERRIBLE POP/SHITTY MUSIC THE ENTIRE TIME. What the hell is that song that starts out like, "raindrop, drop top" because I'll never know!
5. The music was really loud and I had a headache by 9:30.
The dance wasn't all bad, I had a great time! I was with my friend, I kissed a dude, (I've never been kissed though. Ouch.) and we took some adorable-ass pictures!
Sunday: I ate sushi. I have two left over Phoenix Rolls in the fridge and I'm seriously considering sneaking into the kitchen and scarfing them down ... nah. The fridge door is too loud and the fridge light is too bright ... *sigh of sadness*
Well, it's about 1:08 right now so I must be off to bed!
It's a long blog entry, but I think some people will read it! :)
Have a lovely night/morning/day every one! Until next time!
It got to the point, where I had to drag Chloe away from where this dude was trying to ask HER to "dance"